Each year, many MVCS students decide to challenge themselves and take AP/Honors courses. To help ensure that this is a positive experience, it is important that students and their families understand the increased academic workload, including summer reading projects, teacher’s expectations, and rigor of the courses in which they plan to enroll. Steps for enrolling in an AP/Honors Course:
* If signed paperwork is not submitted by April 1, students will be dropped from their advanced classes.
- Research the advanced course- Course syllabi and addendi.
- Know the MVCS AP/Honors Course Policies
- Read the “Great Expectations” AP and Honors Course Registration Form
- Validate the terms of the agreement by logging on to Focus and entering your initials in the space provided for “Great Expectations” located in the “Update My Information” section of the “My Child” tab of your Parent Focus page.
- Register for classes. Start Summer Reading Projects.
Academic Services Contact Information –
Tracy Bartholomew A - F
Alexxa Craton G - O
Shari Waldinger P - Z
Carolyn Mariot Resident Students