Here are ten reasons why the 2010-11 high school bell schedule includes an “Advisory Period: Support for Success” on Mondays-Wednesdays-Fridays. The high school Advisory Period provides opportunities for:
1. Interaction with teachers on projects and class assignments for further clarification of instructions
2. Club or school activities, instead of at lunch
3. Assemblies, pep rallies, etc., rather than in place of chapel
4. Guided study hall with MVCS teachers
5. Peer tutoring/community service
6. Meetings to discuss our Core Values as a small group
7. Student meetings with a counselor, dean, or coaches, other than at lunch or after school
8. Next level of instruction for students struggling in a class; for students currently averaging a C- to an F, there will be mandatory classroom tutoring with specific instructors
9. Library time with an instructional librarian for research projects, etc.
10. SAT prep time
We believe that this new Advisory Period will help ensure that our students succeed academically at Monte Vista Christian School.