While I am confident that MVC is preparing my child for college, I think it is far more important that the school is preparing and empowering my child for life --
and that the view of life is eternal.
- MVC Parent
Students who complete the basic high school curriculum will be prepared to meet the entrance requirements of the University of California. A full range of advanced courses and co-curricular choices prepares students for the most selective colleges and universities. A variety of elective courses are available to enhance the students' educational experience.
- High School Bell Schedule
- Flex Schedule
- 2017-2018 Parent Student Handbook
- Class of 2018 Senior Year Information
The normal bus schedule applies each day.
Normal school hours remain: 8:10 3:20 (Mon Thurs) and 8:10 1:45 (Fri).
9th GRADE: Attendance is taken 8:10 (Mon, Wed Fri) and 8:45 (Tues).
10-12th GRADE: Attendance is taken at 8:10 on (Mon) and 8:45 (Tues Fri).
- 1st period begins at 8:10. Flex is midday and has a variety of uses (goal setting, study time, periodic assemblies, academic help, announcements, prayer, etc.).
- The Flex teacher helps students create goals and also checks in with students as they identify their own learning needs and create intervention plans (as needed).
- Students use Flex for independent/collaborative learning (in supervised/designated areas) or even breakfast while teachers pursue professional development.
- Families may enjoy late arrival as long as students are in 1st period by 8:45.
- Students arrive for Flex at 8:10 (optional).
- If 10-12 students neither have appointments nor require extra help,they may enjoy late arrival to school as long as they are in 1st period by 8:45. If on campus before 8:45, they may choose to:
- work independently/collaboratively in designated areas.
- enjoy breakfast and/or socializing with friends in designated areas.
- Teachers may require 10-12th grade students to attend Flex(for a contracted time or until a goal is met) if student created intervention plans are not working.
- All students (9-12) can meet with teachers for:
- tutoring, reteaching, or one on one conferences (by appointment)
- AP/Honors study sessions (by AP/Honors teacher arrangement) *To help 9th grade students successfully acclimate to High School, their Flex teachers offer extra structure, accountability, and support. In Flex, teachers and students build small communities of trust, help and care (academic, social, and spiritual). In second semester, 9th grade students may earn more freedom (and attend Flex less frequently) as they demonstrate increasing responsibility, maturity, and success.