International StudentsMonte Vista enjoys a culturally, ethnically, and socially diverse student body. International students bring an exciting and enriching dimension to our educational community.
The primary goal of the International Program is to help students from around the world to fully participate in and succeed at Monte Vista, preparing international students for top university options and rich, meaningful lives. International students achieve fluency in English, gain a strong academic background and develop an understanding of American culture, within a Christian context.
International students have unlimited opportunities to improve their English, and prepare for college/university at Monte Vista from the moment they enter:
Who is International?
International students are defined as those whose primary residence is overseas. U.S. citizens employed overseas are not considered international if they file U.S tax returns.
Required Testing for Admission
Mainstream: 9th, 10th, 11th grades
Transitional English: 9th and 10th grades
ELL: 9th grade
• Mid-August through mid-December: First Semester
• Early-January through the end of May: Second Semester
• 2016-2017 Key Dates
Advanced Placement Courses
• Offer scope and depth of college courses
• AP test mandatory
• 19 AP courses available
Offer more in-depth study of subjects
Proceed at a faster pace for students
Expand opportunities for independent work
Dual College Enrollment
Courses offered which earn direct college credit
at the same time earning high school graduation credit
Our highly qualified, dedicated Christian teachers act as mentors and role models to our students, and inspire them to the highest levels of purpose and achievement.
Monte Vista Christian works with each international student to build a personalized graduation plan according to previous academic background and preparation. To see course descriptions and minimum graduation requirements, click here.
• Accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
• Accredited by and member of Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
• Member of the Western Association for College Admission Counseling (WACAC)
• Member of The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
• Member of the Secondary School Admission Test Board (SSATB)
• Member of The College Board (CEEB)
• Member of the Western Association of Boarding Schools (WBSA)
• Complies with the NACAC Statement of Principles of Good Practice.
San Francisco and the Monterey Bay
• Monte Vista is uniquely located in the beautiful Monterey Bay Area of California, about 128 km south of San Francisco and accessible to a wide range of metropolitan cultural experiences.
• San Francisco, the 12th largest city in the United States, is one of America's most popular destination locations and places to live. The weather is mild, the entertainment and cultural options are endless.
• Most popular San Francisco/Monterey Bay Area attractions include: Fisherman's Wharf, Union Square, the Golden Gate Bridge, Monterey Bay Aquarium, Pebble Beach, Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, Silicon Valley, as well as a wide variety of professional sporting events.
• The San Francisco Bay Area is the home to many prestigious universities including UC Berkeley, Stanford University, Santa Clara University, University of San Francisco, and others.
Contacts for International Students