Naviance is a web-based college and career planning resource designed especially for MVC students and parents. Through Naviance, Student Services is able to track transcript requests and college application progress, submissions, and results. Naviance also allows us to analyze data regarding college and career plans, providing a useful tool for college planning and up-to-date information that is specific to MVC students.
To access the Naviance Student portal, go to https://student.naviance.com/mvcs and follow the instructions on the screen to log in to your account.
- Username: MVCS email
- Password: Your Focus password
Naviance Student will allow students to:
- Get involved in the planning and advising process: Build a resume, complete on-line surveys, and manage timelines and deadlines for making decisions about colleges and careers.
- Research colleges: Compare GPA, standardized test scores, and other statistics to actual historical data from MVC students who have applied and been admitted in the past.
- Organize and track college applications and transcript and letter of recommendation requests.
- College visits: Find out which colleges are visiting MVC and have the opportunity to visit with Admissions Counselors.
- Search for scholarships: Use the national search database to look for scholarships.
Naviance Student also makes it easy to share information about upcoming meetings and events and other web resources for college and career information. Students can also use the site to send their counselors and college admission representatives emails.
*A student’s personal profile and data are confidential and are only accessible to the student, parents, and counselors. College admission offices do not have access to the information in Naviance Student.