While I am confident that MVC is preparing my child for college, I think it is far more important that the school is preparing and empowering my child for life --
and that the view of life is eternal.
- MVC Parent
Students who complete the basic high school curriculum will be prepared to meet the entrance requirements of the University of California. A full range of advanced courses and co-curricular choices prepares students for the most selective colleges and universities. A variety of elective courses are available to enhance the students' educational experience.
- Social Sciences
- Health & Exercise Science
- Student Parking Registration
- HS Bulletin
- High School Bell Schedule
- Flex Schedule
- 2017-2018 Parent Student Handbook
- Class of 2019 Senior Year Information
Check here weekly for HS announcements.
August 13 - Taking Flight: Student-Parent Orientation Program for new MVC students, including all Freshmen (formerly known as SPOP) Details coming soon.
August 15 - First Day of School
Summer SAT Prep Course
Mr. Hallock is offering a summer session of the Conquer the Test SAT Masterclass! Sign up now to be prepared for the August SAT. Classes will be held July 17, 19, 24, and 26. Click here for student testimonial videos, an intro video from Mr. Hallock, and pricing/logistical details.
College Engineering Course at Cabrillo College
Students are invited to enroll in the ENGR 5 Engineering as a Profession course at Cabrillo College this Summer 2018 session. Students should register through Cabrillo's registration process to ensure that they get a spot in the class. Tuition fees are waived for high school students. This course runs from Monday, July 16 through Thursday, July 26 from 9:30 am - 1:45 pm.
The normal bus schedule applies each day.
Normal school hours remain: 8:10-3:20 (Mon, Thurs) and 8:10-1:45 (Fri).
9th GRADE: Attendance is taken 8:10 (Mon, Wed, Fri) and 8:45 (Tues).
10-12th GRADE: Attendance is taken at 8:10 on (Mon) and 8:45 (Tues, Fri).
- 1st period begins at 8:10. Flex is midday and has a variety of uses (goal setting, study time, periodic assemblies, academic help, announcements, prayer, etc.).
- The Flex teacher helps students create goals and also checks in with students as they identify their own learning needs and create intervention plans (as needed).
- Students use Flex for independent/collaborative learning (in supervised/designated areas) or even breakfast while teachers pursue professional development.
- Families may enjoy late arrival as long as students are in 1st period by 8:45.
- Students arrive for Flex at 8:10 (optional).
- If 10-12 students neither have appointments nor require extra help,they may enjoy late arrival to school as long as they are in 1st period by 8:45. If on campus before 8:45, they may choose to:
- work independently/collaboratively in designated areas.
- enjoy breakfast and/or socializing with friends in designated areas.
- Teachers may require 10-12th grade students to attend Flex(for a contracted time or until a goal is met) if student created intervention plans are not working.
- All students (9-12) can meet with teachers for:
- tutoring, reteaching, or one on one conferences (by appointment)
- AP/Honors study sessions (by AP/Honors teacher arrangement) *To help 9th grade students successfully acclimate to High School, their Flex teachers offer extra structure, accountability, and support. In Flex, teachers and students build small communities of trust, help and care (academic, social, and spiritual). In second semester, 9th grade students may earn more freedom (and attend Flex less frequently) as they demonstrate increasing responsibility, maturity, and success.
Dear Senior Parent,
We are sure you are feeling the excitement build as your student has entered their last year of High School. There are many events to be aware of in the 2018-2019 school year. This packet is designed to inform you of the pertinent dates and times of specific Senior class-related events and activities. It is my hope that the information provided here will help make scheduling easier and allow you to make arrangements for any friends or relatives who may plan to join you in the celebration events.