Equal Opportunity Access
Students from all economic backgrounds may apply for financial assistance, discounts, and scholarships for which they may qualify.
Please note that the Financial Assistance process is separate from the Admissions/Enrollment process and in no way affects a candidate's chances for admission. When applying for financial assistance, it is important to consider the whole cost (including fees and other expenses). Typically, MVC financial aid awards have averaged between 5-20% of the total tuition cost (and are applicable only towards tuition).
Types of Financial Assistance
- Financial Aid - Grades 6-12
- Leadership Scholarships - Grades 9-12
- Pastoral Discount- Grades 6-12
- Convenient Financing
How do I apply for Financial Aid?
Financial Assistance Awards are granted on the basis of financial need. Eligibility is based in part on income and asset levels during the previous tax year. Financial Assistance Awards are determined on an annual basis and are not guaranteed for subsequent years. Therefore, families must submit an application for each year they are requesting assistance. All financially responsible parties must fill out an application through FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment Service in order to determine qualification for aid.
To be considered for financial assistance, a student must also be in good standing both academically (minimum 2.5 GPA in core classes) and behaviorally.
In order for a family to be considered for financial aid, the student(s) must already be enrolled for the upcoming school year.
It is important to note, the amount of the award is dependent on the resources available. Not all families who qualify receive financial assistance. Priority for assistance is highest in grades 9-12.
For the 2019-20 school year, all families who wish to apply for financial assistance must complete the following through FACTS Grant & Aid online application by February 8, 2019:
- Complete the application in FACTS Grant & Aid. This application should be carefully reviewed for accuracy and completeness. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Submission, through FACTS, of prior year Federal and State Income Tax returns and applicable W2's/1099's. (ex for 2019-20 school year, 2017 returns and W2 are required by the February 8, 2019 deadline). Important note: In addition, 2018 Federal and State returns and applicable W2's/1099's are also required to be submitted upon completion as per instruction on the FACTS forms. Any significant income changes from 2017 to 2018 tax year may result in a modification of offered assistance.
- Describe in the application any specific circumstances that are not reflected in your not family’s income tax information.
- An explanation is required if your reported expenses exceed gross income.
Failure to complete the above checklist by the below deadline will result in your application being placed on a "further information required" list. You may check your application status at any time through FACTS for missing information.
Important Dates for 2019-2020:
- Financial Assistance application process begins November 15, 2018.
- Financial Assistance Application Deadline: Friday, February 8, 2019.
Important Note: Timeliness is important as funds are limited.
If you have questions about our Financial Assistance program, please direct them to:
Board of Director's Leadership Scholarships are based on leadership excellence in one of four areas:
Academic - Minimum cumulative unweighted GPA of 4.0. Participation in CFS (CJSF) and/or NHS at minimum.
Church - Minimum cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.75. Letter of nomination by MVCS Bible faculty. Letter of Reference from your Pastor or Youth Pastor.
Performing Arts - Minimum cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.75. Letter of nomination by MVCS Performing Arts faculty.
Applicants must submit a Leadership Scholarship application and provide a verifiable resume of accomplishments at Monte Vista, and a Letter of Reference that speaks to the category of Scholarship you have applied for.
Maximum award can be 20% of tuition only & is subject to availability.
MVCS High School students, and upcoming 9th graders from MVCS Middle School only may apply.
To apply, email your completed application & supporting documents to Financialaid@mvcs.org
Application deadline for 2019-20 school year: March 1, 2019.
Our Pastoral Discount Program is designed to offer partial tuition assistance to parents who are serving in Christian ministry. In order to qualify for the discount, the student's parent must be a full time Pastor at a Christian Church, a minimum of 30 hours per week. The student must attend Monte Vista full-time, have and maintain a minimum unweighted cumulative 2.5 GPA in core classes, and be in good standing in the school community.
The discount applies to tuition only and is based on availability. To apply, complete this application & return to Financialaid@mvcs.org.
Application deadline for 2019-20 school year: March 1, 2019
MVCS respects the privacy rights of all individuals in the financial aid/scholarship process, including parents, students, and teachers. Information furnished as part of the financial aid/scholarship program is considered for use solely by MVC Administration and the Financial Aid/Scholarship Committee and will not be disclosed to anyone, including the applicant and his or her family.
In allocating the school's limited financial assistance resources, the Financial Aid/Scholarship Committee considers a number of criteria.
These include the following:
- Strength of a candidate's academic credentials
- Quality of extracurricular involvement
- Potential to make a meaningful contribution to the school
- Amount of need
Other incurred costs include:
- Enrollment fee
- Application fee (new students)
- Athletic fees
- Field trips
- Busing (optional)
- Textbooks and iPad apps
- iPad purchase