International /Boarding Students
Not only are we committed to empowering our boarding students in their academic excellence, we invite them into a community of care that they can call home.
- MVC Administrator
Who is International?
The primary goal of the International Program is to help students from around the world to fully participate in and succeed at Monte Vista Christian. Each year, we prepare international students for top university options and rich, meaningful lives. International students achieve fluency in English, gain a strong academic foundation, and develop an understanding of American culture, within a Christian context.
International students are defined as those who are required to have an I-20 in order to study in the United States.
Please contact the admissions office with any questions on the admissions process. We are here to serve!
Monte Vista Christian School
2 School Way
Watsonville, CA 95076
• Current English Teacher Evaluation
• Current Math Teacher Evaluation
• 2 years grade history (current and previous year end) Copies from home are sufficient, however if a formal request is necessary at your current school, please click the link below for a request form.
Supplemental documentation can be completed by logging into your School Forms Online (SFO) site (created in Step 1 above). Documentation can also be submitted via email or fax to:
When your application has been reviewed, we will contact you to schedule a Facetime, Skype, or WeChat interview.
The interview will last approximately 60 minutes and will include:
- 5 - 10 minute meet and greet with your parents and a translator you are welcome to invite. If you need us to arrange a translator for your parents, let us know.
- 30-40 minute interview to get to know you better. Please do not spend time memorizing answers to anticipated questions.
- 20 minutes for an impromptu writing sample while you are still on video to be submitted at the end of the interview. Be sure to have a laptop or device that is easy to use for writing an essay.
You will be notified within 72 hours after your interview of your admission status. Since MVC offers rolling admission, accepted students will have 2 weeks to secure enrollment with the submission of your enrollment contract and enrollment deposit.
What's required upon enrollment
Immunizations: CA Immunization Record 1-2015
Immunization records are necessary prior to the school issuing an I-20. California State Immunization Requirements are below.
POLIO: 3 doses if given on or after 2nd birthday, otherwise 4 doses
DTP (Td, DT, or DPT, DTaP): 3 doses if 1 given on or after 2nd birthday, otherwise 4 doses -
4th dose must be Tdap
MMR: 1 dose on or after 1st birthday, otherwise 2 doses
NOTE: Applicants for Grade 7; 2 doses of MMR or any measles-containing vaccine (both doses given on or after 1st birthday)
HEPATITIS B: 3 doses
VARICELLA (CHICKENPOX): 1 dose for ages 7-12, 2 doses for ages 13-17 years.
TB TEST: Recommended
NOTE: Required for international students: Negative TB test or normal chest x-ray within 5 years of enrollment at MVC.
Passport: A copy of a student's passport indicating country of citizenship is required.
I-20: MVC will issue an I-20 to students once they have been accepted and their parents have returned the signed enrollment contract, tuition deposit, and other required documents (above).