The Residence Life program is about creating a safe and caring environment, in which our students can reach their academic, social, and spiritual potential.
- MVC Administrator
- Residence Life Vision Statement
- MVC Parent/Student Handbook
- Resident Program Leadership Opportunities
- Teaming with DormRoomMovers.com
Residence life will challenge students to live, study, and play within a community that provides support, supervision and independence. We partner with parents and guardians to help students thrive. They will develop skills which equip them to navigate their college experiences with confidence. Residence life teaches students how to build relationships with both adults and peers and how to identify the resources they need for success.
Resident Assistants (RAs)-formerly known as Prefects
Selection of RAs:
- Applicants must have already shown themselves to be: strong academic students, involved
within the MVC community and committed to the values and specific behavioral guidelines of
- The number of RAs will be determined based on the number of male and female students
residing in Arganbright and Stotts-Hellmann Halls for the upcoming 2018-19 school year.
- All aspiring students will be required to fill out a written RA application and be interviewed by
the Executive Res-Life staff (i.e. Res-Life Director, Assistant Res-Life Director, Arganbright
and Stotts-Hellmann Hall Directors)
After careful and prayerful consideration of all resident students who apply for the position of RA, the
Res-Life staff will choose a number of male and female Resident Assistants for the 2018-2019 school
year no later than mid-May.
Description of RA responsibilities:
- Exhibit a servant-leadership attitude while assisting the Res-Life staff in the duties necessary to
create a successful Res-life community environment.
- Be prepared to return to MVC on August 3, 2018 in order to assist Res-Life staff with the
welcoming and training of new residents, as well as welcoming returning resident students.
- Serve as role models for the other resident students.
- Assist the Res-Life staff in fostering an honest, respectful, responsible and compliant resident
hall environment throughout the year.
- Look for opportunities to show kindness within the Res-Life community.
- Serve as liaisons between Res-Life staff and students.
- Attend regular meetings to discuss policies and concerns within the residence halls.
- Attend regular leadership training meetings with the Res-Life staff in order to grow in the area
of leadership (as RAs and future leadership rolls).
- Maintain a successful school record that exhibits strong effort and integrity in the areas of
academics, behavior and extra-curricular activities at MVC.
Compensation for RAs:
- Preferred room selection (possibly single rooms).
- Res-Life trips covered (with the exception of vacation weeks).
- Regular Leadership Training (looks great on College Apps).
- Community Service Opportunities and hours awarded (again, looks great on College Apps).
- Monthly RA/Res-Life Staff dinners at various restaurants.
Dorm Room Movers offers a hassle-free summer storage and shipping service so you don’t
have to lift a finger. They will pick up your student’s items, store them over the summer, and
have your student’s items waiting for them in their new dorm room when they return next Fall.
They can also help you ship boxes home or to their college after they graduate.
Over the years, Dorm Room Movers has demonstrated a proven track record of providing
reliable, professional, and top-quality service to boarding schools nationwide. We are excited to
offer their services and know that parents and students alike will be pleased with the value this
service will add to campus. Visit their website to register for services.
Full service summer storage includes:
● Boxes and tape to pack
● Pick-up and delivery by professional movers
● $100 insurance per box or unboxed item
● Climate-protected storage & 24/7 security