Becoming a Volunteer Bus Stop Monitor
MVC is seeking volunteer bus stop monitors for morning duties at each of our bus stops when we move to Level 3 Operating Modality (date TBD pending local and state regulations). Here's what's involved:
Prior to MVC's in-person reopening:
- Attend a 30-minute training session via Zoom (dates/times TBD)
- Pick up equipment and supplies from Price Hall (including but not limited to a safety vest, measuring tape, social distancing markers, PPE, and a touchless thermometer)
On your assigned day(s):
- Arrive at the stop 10 minutes prior to the bus arrival posted on the official bus schedule.
- Place social distancing markers 6' apart leading up to the bus stop location.
- As students arrive, direct them to wait at markers with masks on, take their temperature with the MVC-provided touchless thermometer, and ask them about COVID-19 symptoms (script TBD). If temperature is below 100.4 degrees Farhenheit and there are no COVID-19 symptoms, give the parent (waiting in vehicle) an all-clear signal.
- Once bus arrives, monitor the boarding process and ensure each student's temperature is taken and symptom check is conducted prior to getting on the bus.
Because all MVC parents will be required to take student temperatures at home prior to leaving their home each day, the incidence of temperatures registering above 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit will be rare. Parents will be required to wait at bus stops until they receive an all-clear signal from the bus stop monitor that their student(s) is/are cleared to board. Therefore, if a student does register a temperature at the bus stop, monitors will direct students back to their parents' waiting vehicle. In the event that a parent erroneously left prior to the monitor's signal, monitors will call both the parent and the MVC Office (numbers listed on roster), and wait at the stop with the student until the parent returns to pick up their student.